To apply, choose a location from the list below, and build a profile to submit an application as a Word document or PDF. This document should include an abbreviated c.v.
and the research project proposal.
A letter of recommendation
will be required for finalists.
Application Deadline: March 18, 2012
The research project proposal
should include two components:
- A. Description of research project: (not more than 1,000 words.) The description will introduce your work to the Library’s curatorial reviewers. Its significance should be explained clearly and with reference to secondary literature in the field of study. Include here the goal of the project (article, book, exhibition, dissertation, documentary, etc.) Please also specify your itemized budget needs and length of your intended stay in New York.
- B. Use of Library’s collections: Demonstrate how the Library’s collections are essential to the research proposed. Identify specific material(s) to be consulted during the fellowship and their relevance to the project in general. Applicants may apply for fellowships in multiple divisions, but should identify material held ineach of the locations inwhich they wish to work.
- Step 1. Fellowships are available at six locations within NYPL. Search fellowship opportunities.
- Step 2. To submit an application within a location, first build your single profile.
- Step 3. Complete your profile with personal information and upload a single word document including both a c.v. and the research project proposal. At this point you may wish to contact your referee in the event that you are a finalist.
- Step 4.For finalists: your referee sends a letter of recommendation on your behalf directly to email@example.com.
Notifications will be sent out on May 1, 2012. Fellowships must be taken during the fiscal year beginning after July 1, 2012 and ending June 30, 2013.